18 Jun Our Prayer Team: Get Involved Today!
By Prayer Team Coordinator, Arwen McGilvra –
Our prayer team is an important extension of our ministry. As is says in Romans 12:12 “Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.*” In my Bible the passage this verse is found in is called Love in Action. It starts out with the admonishment “Love must be sincere.*” Romans 12:9.
Prayer is a way you can put your love for orphans into action.
God hears and answers your prayers from afar. His power isn’t limited by proximity. Praying for our home in Guatemala doesn’t require you to be physically present. That’s way we want to invite you to join our prayer team. When you join you’ll receive a monthly update from our ministry outlining some of our current prayer needs.
Here is an excerpt from our latest prayer letter:
Join with us this month in praying:
- For the Lord to provide enough to fulfill the needs of Dories Promise’s and all of our children.
- For health and wellness for all of our employees.
- Praise the Lord for the Mission Teams coming this summer. Pray that they would see blessings in their lives for everything they had given to our children.
- For the Lord to protect and bless the life of Alejandra Diaz, our director in Guatemala.
- For the Lord to help us solve every hard situation that may come our way and that we would always trust in Him during those situations.
- Pray for the Lord to protect our children and our drivers on their rides to school and other locations around town.
- For guidance for the new staff members on our team. Pray that they would have wisdom in the care of our children.
- Ask God to heal our children who have had chronic health issues. Especially pray that Josue’s would heal completely, and for Efrain’s eyesight.
*emphasis by the blog author.